To celebrate Title IX of the Higher Education Act — Patsy Mink’s achievement — the Hawaii House and Senate will honor five Hawaii women midday Tuesday (March 13) who have benefited from and advocated for the cause of gender equality and social justice:
• Marilyn Moniz-Kahoohanohano, assistant athletic director at UH-Manoa;
• Jill Leilani Nunokawa, civil rights specialist at UH-Manoa;
• Sabrina Shizue McKenna, associate justice of the Hawaii Supreme Court;
• Jennifer Solidum Rose, gender equity specialist at UH-Manoa; and
• Catherine Betts, executive director, Hawaii State Commission on the Status of Women.
Sabrina McKenna and Neil Abercrombie, Jan. 25, 2011.